Wednesday, December 3, 2014

"God is safe to trust."

 It was my friend Ruth Greiner who used to say that. She has been in heaven for over eight years, I think of her often. She lived a life of faith in Jesus, and of trust in God, no matter life's circumstances.

 "God is safe to trust." I think of those words when I see my little granddaughter  - with us, lost to us, then with us again - look with wonder at a Christmas display near my parents' miracle home.


We never dreamed we would have her back - this time for good. We  never dreamed our family would grow in this way, that she would be joined by even more grandchildren.  We never dreamed we would still be forging our family, still seeking and trusting God for each day with our son from far away. We never dreamed our extended family would have a homestead again, after losing what was so precious to us.  And we never dreamed a church like we have now, with love and caring and God's clear hand.

So - God is safe to trust 

I think of those words when I consider all that has happened in my life since I last wrote a blog.  "Liberty and Lily" was a blog I loved, but I had to take it down for a time, due to some legal issues.  I hope to resurrect much of it in the near future.  

But for now, here is my new blog, with a new name:

Safe to trust.


4 comments:

  1. So lovely to have you back online, Donna-Jean. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somewhere Safe With Somebody Good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to hear your voice again, Donna-Jean. Your old blog was always such an inspiration. I hope you'll be able to repost some of the writings from your old blog. I always enjoyed reading about your beloved grandmother.

    ReplyDelete